Hello! My name is Bennet Sage and I am originally from Moosup, CT. I am a Philosophy major with a double minor in Music and Education. I currently study at Saint Michaels College, located in Colchester, Vermont. With this degree I hope to stay within the limits of New England, working at a private high school where I will teach courses in Social Justice, Philosophy, or Music. I would also love to participate in some administrative positions within private schools as well. I grew up in the private school environment, and I believe returning to this platform will highlight my skills as an educator. I know how impactful a teacher can be on a student, and it is my goal to take what I have learned and apply it to my future classroom. My passions involve: music, traveling, reading, finding the best coffee in the world (still searching), hanging out with friends, social justice, going to the beach, hunting for sea glass, and the list continues. I have been playing the trumpet for twelve years, and am still taking lessons whilst attending SMC. Music have been so impactful in my life, and I know firsthand how it can alter they way in which you view the environment around you. During the summer, I am a youth program director, and assistant Arts and Crafts director at Camp Stonewall, an international summer camp located on the campus of Marianapolis Preparatory School (my high school) in Thompson, Connecticut. Additionally, I am the head counselor for the youngest boys group. I've been working at this camp for almost five summers, and it has provided me with a plethora of skills that are easily transferable to my future classroom. Saint Mikes has been a dream come true. From staff, faculty, and students, I have never been more proud to be a part in such a progressive community. That being said, I'm ready to start my new adventure!

Comments

Popular Posts